Sunday

The Great Pumpkin of 2010


Every fall, my mother-in-law thinks it's necessary to give us a giant pumpkin that she has grown from her garden especially for my kids. She always decorates it. 
This year she chose a pirate theme. 
The kids love the pumpkins. What I don't love is the fact that she lives 4 hours away from us, and in my mind, driving 4 hours for a giant pumpkin isn't exactly my idea of a good time. But it would be nice to see them.
So, we compromised. They drive 2 hours and I drive 2 hours. We meet in the middle, exchange the pumpkin and then spend a few hours with them.
We are finally home now. 
The kids got to see their grandparents and I got to eat at the Olive Garden. 

 Operation Great Pumpkin was a success.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great tradition! I love the teeth on your pumpkin. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete