Monday

The Final Countdown

The countdown begins. I was told this morning to expect my book to be available for purchase within 24 hours. I'm really excited. I'm also really ticked off.
I'm upset because, come to find out, once my book was polished and ready for sale, it's only 82 pages long. 
8 2  P A G E S ! ! !
Now I'm going over and over all the things I could have said to make my book longer. There's so many things I left out because I felt they were irrelevant somehow. I don't know. Overall, I'm extremely proud of my book. I feel I have accomplished what I set out to do. So, it shouldn't matter how many pages it is. My goal was to portray my personal struggle throughout the years, but there are other stories to tell. 
I could have written about Mr. Smith's background a little more. I could have written about the dangers I will face when he is released. I touched on that a little but...hey, maybe there will be a second book. Hopefully, the second book won't have any real trauma to it. Just my fears and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment